What bike would you replace with an FJ-07? - Yamaha FJ-07 And Tracer 700 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

What bike would you replace with an FJ-07?

I have a 2012 Triumph Tiger 800 that I love, and it's been good to me for 28,000 miles, but it's not perfect for me. Something shorter, lighter, more comfortable - that's basically why I'm thinking FJ-07. Added benefits of Yamaha reliability and long valve service intervals. I might give up a little power, but from all accounts it's a strong (enough) motor.

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 08:40 PM

I think the power difference should be okay for you. What kind of riding do you mainly do with your bike ??
jackfrank likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

It's an all-rounder but he majority of the miles are 2/3 day road trips of around 300-400 miles. But there have been some in the weeklong/2000 mile range including from my home in VA to Michigan, to Maine/New England, and to the mountains of VA/NC/SC/GA/TN.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 01:34 PM

I'm replacing a Kawasaki Ninja 300 because long rides makes for a sore butt. The power jump won't be an issue as I've ridden on my friends' 600cc bikes and it was fine. Would preferably like to stick with a Japanese brand for reliability purposes.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

I often daydream about getting a Ninja 300 or something similar in a light weight bike, then I think I would probably like a little more power, a little more comfort and end up thinking about a 650 or 700 and especially the FZ07, and from there the anticipated FJ model.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 04:54 AM

I come from a history of Honda's so as you guys can guess by now, yes the NC700x is one of the bikes I will be considering but its hard to deviate from the FJ when visually its much more appealing and that's just scraping the surface.

Anyone looking at the NC as well?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 01:15 PM

Considering for me, I'm a very aesthetic focused person, the FJ07 is a great deal more pleasing on the eyes personally.

Aside from that, the FJ has a slightly bigger engine size and the tank is 4.5 gallons compared to the 3.7 gallon tank on the NC
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahaha View Post
Considering for me, I'm a very aesthetic focused person, the FJ07 is a great deal more pleasing on the eyes personally.

Aside from that, the FJ has a slightly bigger engine size and the tank is 4.5 gallons compared to the 3.7 gallon tank on the NC
That I believe is because Honda had a bit more focus on this as a city bike/local bike than something for long distance. Given how long the NC has been out for maybe Yamaha learned a thing or two about what to do/what not to do with Honda as the example.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 04:27 PM

I'm pretty sure they had a few sitting in the R&D studios while producing this. That is some good reasoning for it though. What would sway you to the NC ??
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 02:13 PM

NC because it's been proven to be fun in the turns, easy to throw around and about the most enjoyable it gets which to me is a big pull. When looking for something fun to throw around the city, suburbs and twisty roads away from all that noise... it's easy to see why someone would want the NC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJ-07 And Tracer 700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page