Yamaha Built Motorcycle Hauler - Yamaha FJ-07 And Tracer 700 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Yamaha Built Motorcycle Hauler

I don't usually associate Yamaha with cars, let alone small pickups but the company revealed a trucklet at the Tokyo Motor Show. Shorter than a Honda Civic hatchback, it can seat 4 people and carry two motorcycles in its truck bed! Called the Cross Hub Connect, Yamaha says it is designed to "connect active and urban lifestyles,"

Doubt it'll go into production, but an interesting concept from them, looks exceptional as well.

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 04:45 PM

Hey SpeedTracer. Thanks for sharing! I think it is a great concept, especially i like that is "it is designed to "connect active and urban lifestyles," "
Can you share the link where you got that info from? I wanted to see if there are more details, but couldn't find anything on Google
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

The site was hyperlinked into my post but here it is: Yamaha builds a pickup trucklet carrying case for its motorcycles

They're moving out of their comfort zone with the three wheeler and now this.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 09:27 AM

This concept car reminds me of Suzuki X-Lander, which was presented at 2014 Tokyo Car show. It had this special feature to transport you motorcycle. (though that bike was a small Suzuki concept too lol)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62621.jpg (93.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg maxresdefault.jpg (124.7 KB, 2 views)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

that's more of a bike rack than an actual truck bed, but I can see how that additional rack could be appealing to small dirt bike riders.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 11:41 AM

Of course. I don't think that something like this concept car will find its place in the market, because you can simply install the same type of the motorcycle carrier on almost any SUV these days. It's cheap, easy to install and you can remove it whenever you want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxresdefault (5).jpg (101.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg X001.jpg (15.1 KB, 1 views)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapido riderito View Post
Of course. I don't think that something like this concept car will find its place in the market, because you can simply install the same type of the motorcycle carrier on almost any SUV these days. It's cheap, easy to install and you can remove it whenever you want.
One major difference is that when its a dedicated system that serves multiple purposes all catered towards various lifestyles then it becomes a big incentive for most pick-up truck owners that only need to do light-duty towing and hauling. Most people shopping for light duty trucks want a "plug and play" type of setup.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

I'm always worried about adding so much weight to the back of a car, especially when the bike is a heavy tourer like the Tracer 700. Tough you wouldn't need to haul a bike like that when it's built for long rides, more for race bikes.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTracer View Post
I'm always worried about adding so much weight to the back of a car, especially when the bike is a heavy tourer like the Tracer 700. Tough you wouldn't need to haul a bike like that when it's built for long rides, more for race bikes.
Most people I know haul bikes with a pick up and that might be for very good reasons. If not it has always been some medium range SUV like a highlander. Rarely have I seen people haul with anything less in capacity than that.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 12:03 PM

Yeah I don't think we'll ever see concepts such as these make it to production. Unless there are some hardcore Yamaha/Suzuki enthusiasts that need to be driving the same brand car as their motorcycle, most people already own a vehicle capable of transporting their bike. I mean I guess they look pretty cool, but I'm not exactly sure what problem they fix.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJ-07 And Tracer 700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page