Tracer 700/FJ-07 New Engine ticking ->Camshaft chain ? - Yamaha FJ-07 And Tracer 700 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 04:49 AM Thread Starter

Tracer 700/FJ-07 New Engine ticking ->Camshaft chain ?

Hi,
Since I bought the bike I heard ticking of the Engine
especially on between 2000-3000 low rpm. Also after the 1000km service it continued.
As been written on similar 689CC engines: strange engine noiדe - Yamaha XSR700 Forum
the sound is like sewing machine , the dealer in Israel says it is the normal Engine sound.
- Has someone has the same?
- Did someone succeeded to find a solution
- Is the situation can cause damage to the engine .
- Anything I can ask from the dealer to check or fix?

Another articles I found about it:

FYI,
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 04:00 PM

Firstly, the best thing I would recommend since you do bring up some good concerns about damage to engine... is that to make sure you have this document and logged with Yamaha. At least then they will be made aware of the issue and won't suggest its owner negligence. Going beyond the dealer and emailing Yamaha could get a different answer or confirm what the dealer said.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 04:21 PM

The dealer should definitely be covering this though. Keep a log of literally every word and situation that occurs from now until when it gets resolved though.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Thank you yamirider
Ho do I contact Yamaha world ,
Dealer in my country says it is not a problem
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 12:48 PM

Go to this link, select your region, and it'll give you the contact information for general inquiries.

https://www.yamaha.com/en/contact_us/
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeorc View Post
Thank you yamirider
Ho do I contact Yamaha world ,
Dealer in my country says it is not a problem
Poster above included some good information but you can also try asking your dealer if there's any specific person you could email. With any large company like this dealing with front line employee's might not be the best. But give it a try and let us know!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

The Dealer here in Israel says it Normal,
also the metal noise in the drive chain(Not on Engine) which many complain on Either in Tracer and MT-07 Naked version
They check it and told me to get use to the
1.Engine ticking - Which is Normal
2. Drive chain and sprocket noise -> its normal ... Although it is driving me crazy having a sound of roulette in the city low speed

If you search on youtube MT-07 + chain(or FZ-07 + FJ-07) , you will found a lot of complains on new motorcycles after 100-200 miles the drive chain starting to have noise..

Anyone here had the same issue? Solution (with consideration that dealer do not help solving noises) ?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 11:55 AM

Weird that the noise is a norm for the Tracer and MT-07. Only thing I can think of is to bring it to a third party garage you trust for another opinion.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 12:30 PM

Or even check on some other Yamaha forum, its amazing the level of knowledge some people have which can be more helpful than what some tech's at those shops know.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 06:03 AM

Yes, I've noticed it too. From my experience it all sounds quite normal. It's probably enhanced by the fairing on the Tracer (vs the naked versions).
Compared to my NC750S its quiet. This sounded like a can of marbles being slowly rotated - again though, quite normal.

A good idea is to compare it with another owner or forum member. At work, a colleague has one with 20,000 miles (32,000 km) on it which is an ideal opportunity for me to bother him for info.

That said, if you're concerned, get it checked out. Yamaha's response does sound quite honest though and NOT like their avoiding something.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJ-07 And Tracer 700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page