Yamaha Tracer 700 vs Kawasaki Versys 650 - Yamaha FJ-07 And Tracer 700 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Yamaha Tracer 700 vs Kawasaki Versys 650

Very similar bikes but they do feel quite different. The Tracer 700 although bigger, is actually lighter than the Versys 650. The Tracer does have a bouncier suspension and feels under-damped. Braking and acceleration does feel better than the Versys but it just seems all over the place.

Quote:
The Versys feels more predictable, less flighty, if less agile. Itís more the big adventure bike, bulkier and a bit more comfortable, with a slightly plusher seat for rider and pillion.
Quote:
Both bikes have tall adjustable screens. On the Tracer you have to stop and loosen two knobs on the back of the screen to raise or lower it. On Versys you actually have to park and get off, because the two knobs are on the front of the screen.
At their highest setting, both are at about chin level for a 5í9Ē rider, but the Kawasakiís probably offers better overall protection because itís wider at the bottom, where the Tracer 700ís tapers.
There is a video that outlines all of this on the website posted below, it's worth a check out if you'll be looking into the Versys though.

Back-to-back test: Yamaha Tracer 700 vs ... | Visordown

Spoiler alert, the Tracer 700 still comes out on top
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
But the Versys 650 has better suspension damping.
This may be enough to shift people from the FJ07, but it's nothing the aftermarket can't take care of and the Yamaha is more agile something that you can't really improve on too much.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Suspension is definitely something you can get tailored to what you prefer and it really comes down to the rider on that one. Things like how nimble it is and the weight are things you really don't have much control over. Even ergos can get adjusted to an extent with handlebars, controls, etc. changes.

It also helps that I find the Yammie better looking aesthetically as well

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:44 PM

Old discussion but I like to give my 2 cents. I had a versys some years ago and it wasn't a keeper.
Maybe it was the wrong time for it. This Tracer is my number 62 bike and I just love it. The versys was
a 2007 and I don't remember it being anything like the Tracer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJ-07 And Tracer 700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page