FJ-07 or FZ-07? - Yamaha FJ-07 And Tracer 700 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

FJ-07 or FZ-07?

There are many good reason for and against each model and now that we got confirmation of North America getting these, this discussion should take on an interesting course.

With differences between the two being a longer swing-arm, larger fuel tank and a manually adjustable windshield this might be that extra reason you always needed to just get the FZ but at the same time FJ presents some difference in overall feel.

How many of you here are 100% dead set on the FJ?

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 04:05 PM

One key thing that's keeping me in the range of looking at the FJ over the FZ is just the overall aesthetics of it. I find that the FJ looks a lot more "unique" and has that aggressive lurching look to it.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 02:17 PM

I think it'll really come down to riding both of them back to back if possible to really see what I'd prefer. Can't be 100% dead set on something without physically getting to try it out yet.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:58 PM

I'd go with the FJ-07 as it has more suspension travel in the back and it the FZs parallel-twin engine went unchanged in its move to the FJ.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 05:06 PM

That's going to be useful and more comforting especially when taking it out for some fun over a few light terrain changes. But... if you could.. maybe get both
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 01:43 PM

The FZ may be marketed as a bike that you can take trips with and I'm sure it can handle a long ride, but the better question would be if your body can handle the sportier ergonomics and ride. If that's what you want then by all means, but I need something that's more touring orientated and a factory FJ just makes more sense instead of modding an FZ.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 08:16 PM

That's the thing... essentially you can use almost any bike for a long ride. It just comes down to how you'll feel and if you yourself can deal with it. Yea you can adjust suspension to a certain degree but it's much more than just that.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street View Post
That's the thing... essentially you can use almost any bike for a long ride. It just comes down to how you'll feel and if you yourself can deal with it. Yea you can adjust suspension to a certain degree but it's much more than just that.
Yup, there are many dynamics to long distance riding. Some people take frequent breaks and plan for multiple stop overs to their final destination, meanwhile others ride a good portion before taking a real break.

But one thing you can't debate is the level of comfort that comes with a bike like this, ergonomically its suitable for long distance. Try that on a sport bike
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 01:49 PM

For a quick visualization of it, cycle-ergo provides some images to help a bit

Unfortunately they didn't have the new FZ-07 but its the 2015 model

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Close enough. Once you run with that as a foundation with whats being said about the FJ's ergo's, you have enough to decide whether its for you or not. Most people stay or leave at that point.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJ-07 And Tracer 700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page