FJ-07 or FZ-07? - Page 2 - Yamaha FJ-07 And Tracer 700 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 11:31 PM

Ergos are the main concern when looking into bikes and although you may like the way it looks and it's performance and what not, at the end of the day, if it doesn't feel right and keep you comfortable for extended time rides, it just won't work for you no matter how much you want it to
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahaha View Post
Ergos are the main concern when looking into bikes and although you may like the way it looks and it's performance and what not, at the end of the day, if it doesn't feel right and keep you comfortable for extended time rides, it just won't work for you no matter how much you want it to
That's the hardest truth to swallow.

But fortunately once you find a bike that fits you well, from that point on you can already feel out what will work for you, even if its just looking at bikes online. It also makes deciding what to get much easier.

Being the ideal riding height has that one downside, endless options.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 03:11 PM

Lol it's a bittersweet feeling ain't it. I'm pretty vertically challenged so my "easy riding" bikes are limited but thankfully, I've figured the ways of managing larger bikes so I'm not too bothered.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

You'd be surprised at the things some riders do, some even get into the habit of leaning when stopped just so they can be flat footed and comfortable. Its a bit extreme but if you really love a certain bike... that might be your only option.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:54 PM

I wouldn't say extreme. It's a regular thing and often enough feels better than standing on your tip-toes. It's how a lot of shorter riders have to get things done.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 02:50 PM

The shorter riders in the world really don't have a lot of options that they can flat foot right off the bat. They do have quite a bit where they can rest on the balls of their heels and that's alright. But it's sort of something they learn when going through a moto-life that you're going to have to learn how to get used to leaning constantly when stopped and rest on one leg. I see it all the time.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street View Post
I wouldn't say extreme. It's a regular thing and often enough feels better than standing on your tip-toes. It's how a lot of shorter riders have to get things done.
Extreme when we have so many options these days unless you're so short that you have this issue with a lot of bikes, then that's just the norm for you.

Probably the best bike I seen for shorter riders is the Busa.... they just need stronger legs, really strong legs.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 04:10 PM

.... I don't know if you're trolling or if that was a serious answer. In what way is a Busa the best bike you've seen for shorter riders? I can think of tons of bikes that would be leaps and bounds better than a Busa for short riders. If seat height is you're only requirement looking at this, there's an issue.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 07:09 PM

Can't see how a Hayabusa would be good for short riders either. Anyone 5'5 and shorter would be tippy toeing on one. Add the weight that they need to balance and how wide the Busa is, you'd be in for a real tough time.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 02:59 PM

There's a lot of options now for shorter riders, think BMW came out with a compact adventure biked called the 310GS. Maybe Yamaha can do something similar with their touring and adventure models.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJ-07 And Tracer 700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page